Saturday, August 9, 2014

Happy Dance!!

Today I celebrate!

Today I was a little bit lazy waking up.  I just felt like taking my time. I didn't actually make it downstairs until 10:00 am.  I wasn't being unproductive, however, I took the time to read my devotions upstairs before coming downstairs.  Today's scripture is pictured below.

I had my morning latte flavored protein drink and a large water bottle. I then received a phone call from my parents.  I had an excellent visit with my mom for 1 1/2 hours. It was so good and very much needed.  Love you mom! I had my mid-morning snack protein drink at the same time as I had my lunch protein bar (the only solid allowed during this liquid diet) I also had another large water bottle. I am finding it easier to drink water this time than I had on any other diet I have been on.  I am not quite sure why.

I also felt a bit different when I got up this morning.  So I decided to weigh my self.  And (much to my surprise) I have lost 5.2 pounds since I started the liquid diet on Wednesday. I was told that it is possible that day 4 of the liquid diet will be the hardest.  I think that came a day early on day 3.  But I powered through it. I am determined to make this adventure work.

I didn't post anything yesterday. I was with Becky yesterday. She had purchased a fish pedicure for me for Mothers Day and yesterday was the first day available for us to have it done. It was a very unique experience. I think I will repeat it again in about a year.  


It was a very relaxing day.  Took my mind of how hungry I was feeling.



2 comments:

  1. Hang in there, Signe! Proud that you are determined, and nothing is going to make you veer off your path. Many are praying for you as you forge ahead on this life changing journey. God will give you what you need each day ~ but you already know that! :)
    Good that you were able to have a day of pampering. It's quite an experience, and I'm glad you enjoyed it!
    You CAN do this! Press on!

    ReplyDelete
  2. A fish pedicure?!?! Hmmm, very interesting! Is there a specific purpose/reason behind one? Just curious!

    ReplyDelete