Friday, September 5, 2014

Walking

It's been several days since I have posted anything,  I had my post op doctors appointment September 3.  It went fantastically well. I have been moved from clear liquid diet to a full liquid diet.  That means foods like:  yogurt, cream of wheat, cream soups with no chunks, sugar free pudding and apple sauce.  I will be on this for only one week. Then I move on to mushy. 

Things to Remember when Advancing to Mushies

  • Mushies are not necessarily blended or pureed food. Think soft moist and tender foods. Somewhere along the lines of a stew or something you'd cook in a crockpot--the foods are soft and moist, but not pureed.   Definitely DO NOT consume foods with seeds, hard vegetables, fruits, nuts, corn or tough cuts of meat. These can irritate your new stomach and make you sick.
  • Take it slow. Chew thoroughly and eat your meal slow.  You will be learning new feelings and sensations that tell you "you're satisfied"  I want you to stop eating when your satisfied and no longer hungry. Don't wait until you feel full to stop.
  • Measure your portions. Each meal should be 2 oz or 1/4 cup for the entire meal. Note:  1 egg is 2 oz and can be eaten as an entire meal.
  • Each meal needs to be half protein and half produce (fruit or vegetable)  However, if you want an egg for breakfast, don't feel it's necessary to save half of it for later. Just eat the entire than and make sure you get in a fruit or vegetable with lunch and dinner.
  • Use your protein dringks as "snacks" and continue to ensure that you consume 50-60 grams of protein daily from these supplements.
I really hope this isn't to hard for me to adjust to. I think I will be fine.  I am now in search of a good protein supplement. One that doesn't break the bank.

The Doctor also cleared me to walk on a tread mill. I have to take it easy and listen to my body.  Nothing even near to extreme. So today I went to the gym with my husband. I walked 20 mins on a treadmill at 1 mph or less with no incline.  It is a good day!!



No comments:

Post a Comment