Thursday, December 4, 2014

JESUS is the SEASON!

Well here it is the beginning of December.  This is my favorite time of year.  I love the sights, sounds and smell of Christmas.  I really love spending time with friends and family. Although presents are fun to receive, I would gladly go without presents if everyone of my family and friends that do not know Jesus Christ as their personal savior would come the Him and receive the benefits of eternal life.  There is a common phrase going around that says "Jesus is the reason for the season."  I think I would prefer to say "JESUS IS THE SEASON." 

Jesus, Wash me and I shall be whiter than Snow!

I frequently get teased because I am one of "those" people out there who would like to keep my Christmas decorations up all year round. Let me help you understand why.  I believe we should celebrate the sacrifice of Jesus dying on the cross all year round.  Jesus could not have made that sacrifice if were not born as a human.  SO...I like to celebrate Jesus all year round. Both His birth and Resurrection!

Well with the holiday season comes many parties and celebrations.  This will pose and interesting problem for me.  Holiday Eating.  What to do??? I do not want to skip the parties and fellowship. I have determined in myself to be strong and not make bad choices.  I will allow myself just an occasional indulgence but I will choose those indulgences wisely.  I have discovered I MUST stay away from sugar.  I don't like how it makes my stomach feel and I don't like spending long amounts of time in the bathroom.  I also am learning that I can have coffee and I can have creamer, however I need to learn to make the sugar free choices.  Fortunately the coffee shops that I like to go to offer coffees with a "Skinny" option.  I need to make a more concerted effort to get all my protein and water intake to the appropriate levels.. I did weigh my self this morning.  I am pleased to see that I have actually lost 2.6 pound this week.  So I am progressing just fine. That makes a total loss of 65.6 pounds.
This is a picture of three of the five Isum sisters.  Kaia Murnion, Signe Gee, Greta Cox.  Taken November 24, 2014 on Kaia's Birthday. It was taken on the front porch of her new home.  It was an awesome day. 


No comments:

Post a Comment